Walked into your local grocery store lately? Shelves are empty. The rapid Corvid-19 (Coronavirus disease) outbreak has caused a run on common household supplies. You cannot find bleach, disinfectant wipes, chest rubs nor antibacterial soaps. You know what you still may be able to find? Essential Oils! Certain essential oils can replace many of the common household items that we use today. The best thing about using essential oils is that they can be used for multiple things, thus making them cost effective. They are also natural, which means they are better for your health!
This article will focus on how tea tree oil can replace common household items. So, what is tea tree oil? Tea tree oil, also called Melaleuca Oil, is distilled from the leaves of the Melaleuca alternifolia plant, found in Australia. It is an inexpensive essential oil with many rewarding benefits.
- Tea tree oil possesses ant-viral properties, some studies have shown that tea tree oil aids in killing some viruses. Native Australians have been known to extract the oil from crushed tea tree leaves, they would then inhale the oil to treat coughs and colds. Combine with other essential oils to make chest rubs.
- Tea tree oil possesses anti-bacterial properties. Researchers have suggested that the broad-spectrum antimicrobial activity of tea tree comes from the oil’s ability to damage the cell walls of bacteria. A couple drops of tea tree oil could be added to an inexpensive, bottle of mild hand soap for an effective anti-bacterial cleansing soap. Use this soap during your twenty seconds hand wash, to aid in the reduction of the spread of Covid-19.
- Tea tree oil is an excellent disinfectant. A couple drops can be added to your wash machine, to sanitize your wash loads. Add a couple drops to spray bottles filled with water to clean counter tops, wash bathroom sinks and toilets, no need for disinfectant wipes.
- Terpinen-4-ol, one of the active ingredients in tea tree oil, has been researched for its ability to increase the activity of our white blood cells. This action may help fight germs and other foreign invaders. Inhaling tea tree oil is the best way to get these benefits. Add a couple of drops to water and pour this mixture into your diffuser. Besides diffusing you can also add a couple drops to a piece of tissue and then inhale.
- Tea tree oil can be used to sanitize medical equipment. The medical news today published an article stating that tea tree oil may keep bacteria away from medical devices. This article further stated that the ingredients in tea tree oil, were used to form a bioactive coating which kept bacteria away from those devices. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322085
Tea tree oil can be found in a pure form at your local grocery store, health food store, pharmacy and through many online retailers. Natural Adventure incorporates tea tree oil in our Purity Essential Oil blend and MoistSkyn Body & Face Soap. No need to worry if you walk into your grocery store and cannot find bleach, disinfect wipes or other household cleaners and chest rubs. Chances are tea tree oil may still be in abundant supply! Seems like we found another little-known hero to add to our collection during this Covid-19 pandemic.
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Natural essential oils are highly concentrated and should be used with care. Keep out of the reach of children. Avoid contact with the eyes. If pregnant or lactating, consult your healthcare practitioner before using. Not for internal use. Do not use on broken skin. If burning or irritation occurs, stop using immediately and consult your healthcare practitioner.